Museum of Liverpool reaches Window with a View finals

17 August 2016 by Laura

Large window

View from The People’s Republic in Museum of Liverpool. Image Ant Clausen

We are thrilled to have won the regional competition and now be the North West’s entry for the UK’s Best Window with a View. The race is now on for an overall winner so we’re asking for your help again!

After a huge online vote, which saw thousands of people choose their favourite views in the MyGlazing competition, the view from The People’s Republic gallery, looking out over the Pier Head, Three Graces and River Mersey, was chosen as the best in the region.

It is now competing against eleven others which represent the rest of the UK. Rolling green countryside, British wildlife and other urban landscapes are all in the running but as good as they are we think none compare with the beauty, heritage and romance captured in our view.

Janet Dugdale, Director of the Museum of Liverpool said: “The Museum of Liverpool has two giant picture windows at either end of the building, offering fantastic views of the city and the River Mersey. The view from The People’s Republic gallery is particularly special, as it looks out over the Three Graces – three iconic buildings spanning more than 100 years of the city’s history.

“This view shouts ‘Liverpool’, and is recognised by so many people around the world. We think the view is spectacular, and we’re over the moon that people voted so strongly to crown it the best ‘Window with a View’ in the region. We hope people will continue to vote so that we can be in with a chance of winning the national title.”

Click here to vote for your favourite and be in with a chance of winning a Fujifilm Instax camera from MyGlazing.

The vote closes on 31 August.

1. Nikki says:

Tried to vote – nothing happening on the page!

• Sam says:

Thanks for trying Nikki – we do appreciate your support. The voting page is working now – scroll down to the photo of the Museum of Liverpool at the bottom and if you click or tap on the image then a vote button should show up.

2. Jean Livingstone says:

26/08/16 1630hrs – no joy voting for me either!!!

3. Joyce Atkinson says:

Flew into Liverpool yesterday from Dublin. Thrilled to see the beautiful Pier Head welcoming me home.

4. Geeta Nosib says:

I love Liverpool Museum. I live in Leigh but I go to Liverpool weekly as my son and daughter live there. I mainly go there to look after my grandsons when my son and daughter in law are working. The only place I take them is the museum. They love it there. So my vote goes to Liverpool Museum. I hope it wins. Good luck. X

• Sam says:

Thanks for your support Geeta. We do love to welcome back so many familiar faces and regular visitors each week – we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!