We have discovered some fascinating objects in our collections which tell a range of stories and histories. Some of my highlights featured are –
- Shaun Duggan talking very powerfully about his experiences of growing up gay in Norris Green in the 1980s
- An engraved bracelet revealing an early teenage relationship in the 1960s
- A beautiful painting of actress Diana Wynyard
- Booklet, ‘Sex in Marriage’, which demonstrates that despite the partial decriminalisation of homosexuality in England and Wales in 1967, homosexuality remained very much a taboo subject.
- A bottle of poppers representing a tale of reunited teenage sweethearts
- Photograph of Frankie Goes to Hollywood in leather gear
- And a tin of Huntley and Palmers biscuits……..
(Comments are closed for this post.)