For families looking for a fun-packed half-term, National Museums Liverpool has lots of free events for everyone to enjoy.
- Head to the Walker Art Gallery for water-themed play inspired by our Leonardo da Vinci exhibition. Sessions will run in Big Art from Monday, 18 February to Friday, 22 February, at 10am, 11.15am, 1pm, 2.15pm and 3.30pm.
- Make an African mask to take home, get hands on with masks from our museum collection and find out more about their importance in this free family craft session at the International Slavery Museum on Sunday, 17 February, 1-3pm.
- Put your circus skills to the test at Lady Lever Art Gallery on 19 February at 1pm. Collect a ticket on the day for this limited space workshop, inspired by the Foskett Family Circus.
- Make your own spy glasses to crack the secret code in the free Eye Spy drop-in session at the Seized! gallery, inside the Merseyside Maritime Museum, on 22 February from 1-4pm. This event is part of the Project Spy series.
- Make your own Superlambanana at the Museum of Liverpool in a free craft session on Thursday, 21 February at 11am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-4pm.
- Settle in for a relaxing afternoon watching a movie at the Dr Martin Luther King Junior Building at the Albert Dock on Thursday, 21 February at 2pm. This free screening of Muppet Treasure Island sees Kermit the frog, Miss Piggy and friends searching for buried treasure in a modern take on a classic tale. The screening has subtitles.
- Did you know that many animals including some deep-sea creatures can create their own light? Find out hose in the Get up and Glow workshop at World Museum from 11am-3pm every day from 21-24 February
There’s a huge programme of free events this February half-term – check them out online here
If you’re feeling peckish or fancy a coffee break, we have cafes in all our venues serving delicious fresh food, and the Maritime Dining Room offering stunning views of the Liverpool waterfront from the top the Merseyside Maritime Museum reopens on Monday 18 February, with gorgeous food and afternoon tea, with adult and kids sizes available.
Comments on our blog
Thanks for commenting! Your comments will be sent to us for moderation and we will publish them as soon as we can. We may use your comments for other publicity purposes, so please check our terms and conditions about this.
If you have a specific enquiry, it's best to get in touch using our contact details.