Looking for inspiration for a fun day out this Father’s Day? We have plenty to keep dads happy and the whole family entertained at our museums and galleries.
Here’s our top five things to do this Sunday:
- In Quest of Beauty – head to the Walker Art Gallery to see an exhibition of stunning art nouveau works by Alphonse Mucha, opening this Friday, 16 June. The exhibition features 100 pieces by the Czech-born artist, including the iconic Gismonda, the artist’s first poster design for the actress Sarah Bernhardt. Tickets cost £7 for adults, £5 for conces
sions and aged 18 and under go free. You can get free entry if you buy a membership – a day out and a gift for dad or grandad in one! Find out more
- Next stop Edo Pop – heading to the beautiful Port Sunlight Village for the 10k? Why not pop into the Lady Lever Art Gallery afterwards and check out Edo Pop, a collection of 50 fantastically-colourful Japanese prints of life in 19th Century Edo (now Tokyo), on loan from local collector Frank Milner. And you can treat dad to a coffee and cake in the Lady Lever café. Find out more about Edo Pop here
- Sunday roast – thinking of a relaxing Sunday in the sunshine? Head to Liverpool’s stunning waterfront where you can visit the Museum of Liverpool (Pier Head), Merseyside Maritime Museum and the International Slavery Museum (both Albert Dock). After a stroll around our museum collections – including the Overhead Railway at the Museum of Liverpool – and special exhibitions, head to the Maritime Dining Room on the top floor of the Merseyside Maritime Museum for a gorgeous Sunday Roast with all the trimmings. Call 0151 478 4056 to book. Find out more
- Dance the weekend away – enjoy the sweet sounds of reggae, salsa and soca at the 25th anniversary event of the Africa Oye Festival at Sefton Park on Saturday and Sunday. Africa Oyé is the UK’s largest free celebration of African music and culture and includes musical performances, food and drink stalls, plus arts, craft and fashions from Africa and beyond. If you’re heading to the festival on Saturday, 17 June, look out for the team from our Sankofa project, talking about how communities can get involved in preserving Liverpool’s Black history.
- Gifts galore – you can pick up a selection of perfect gifts for Father’s Day in any of our venue shops from our online shop. Membership makes a great gift and don’t forget, new members get free entry to the exhibition Alphonse Mucha: In Quest of Beauty.
Comments on our blog
Thanks for commenting! Your comments will be sent to us for moderation and we will publish them as soon as we can. We may use your comments for other publicity purposes, so please check our terms and conditions about this.
If you have a specific enquiry, it's best to get in touch using our contact details.